, OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece, Brown, Prepworks by Progressive Can Colander, Can Strainer, Vegetable and Fruit Can Strainer, No-Mess Tuna Can Strainer, Rachael Ray Multi Purpose/Salad Serveware/Melamine Garbage Bowl, 4 Liters, Sea Salt Gray, Jet-Puffed Fun Mallows Colored Miniature Marshmallows, 10 Oz, Mini 3.5 Inch Glass Bowls for Kitchen Prep, Dessert, Dips, and Candy Dishes or Nut Bowls, Set of 12, © 2020 - Adventures of Mel - All Rights Reserved -, 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained, 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits*, drained, 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and rinsed. It's a matter of personal taste which to use. apple crisp. Then to make it into ambrosia I add the cool whip, and cherries.to taste. Enjoy! candied sweet potatoes or yams. If you’d rather skip all of my salad making tips, important info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the ambrosia salad recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card. This ambrosia fruit salad recipe tastes even better the next day!. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. Then add the grapes, coconut, marshmallows, pecans, crystallized ginger, sour cream, and Cool Whip. more popular recipes... featured : special recipes: cranberry mold . Ambrosia Salad Recipe. Ambrosia Salad. it’s so delcious and refreshing. Or apples, pineapple chunks, red grapes, marischino cherries, and marshmallows, nor for that matter crab claws, string beans, minced beef hearts, or fresh dill. Tips. Really, that's all it is. Heavy Cream — rather than using Cool Whip, as so many Ambrosia Salad recipes do, we are making our own homemade whipped cream. Sour cream adds a tart element to ambrosia salad, but if you prefer, you might use plain Greek yogurt or regular yogurt. ; Mix-Ins – Sweetened, shredded coconut, mini marshmallows, preferably the coloured ones since they’re more fun. Although be sure to save a few cherries with stems to top off your salad when serving. https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/original-ambrosia-salad-nanas-5-cup-salad The best part? Whip up a batch of this yummy ambrosia salad today and let me know in the comment section how it turned out! Whip up a classic ambrosia fruit salad with Cool Whip, sour cream, fruit, and mini marshmallows. Fold in the oranges, pineapple tidbits, and sliced cherries. I love this recipe. Your email address will not be published. This ambrosia salad with cool whip is just the tip of the iceberg with our upcoming fruit salad features. Of course, it's perfect for other holidays too, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Ambrosia salad is a dessert salad made with canned pineapple, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, fresh grapes, marshmallows, and coconut. Ambrosia Salad is an American variation of fruit salad that has been around for years. ; Fruit – We are using a combination of canned pineapple tidbits, canned mandarin and maraschino cherries, stems removed. 1 cup Pineapple tidbits. This is a great salad to make-ahead for company. However, whipped cream doesn't hold up as long and so you should only consider it when serving the salad … Produce. I've made this many times and it's very good. Fresh grapes are also a nice addition. If you’re using canned pineapple, make sure to drain it first. Powdered Sugar; Vanilla Extract; Sour Cream — This ingredient is key for adding a great depth of flavor to this Ambrosia salad recipe and keeps it from being too sweet! Add the coconut, you can use more or less depending on how much you like coconut. Welcome! This classic "church salad" has been made for many dinner gatherings. (8 ounce) container sour cream. Y’all know how much I adore my old-fashioned potluck recipes! My grandparents have been gone for quite a few years now, however, that doesn’t stop me from asking questions or seeking their guidance. Because of the party theme, I obviously went with Cool Whip. Easy southern side dish recipe for every holiday dinner! Ambrosia means, "Something something very pleasing to taste or smell." It's best to make this salad day of or day before and just chill it in the refrigerator. Sour Cream – Can be substituted with greek yogurt, whipped cream, or cool whip. They act like little sponges, soaking up the flavors and plumping to a soft texture. 30 stella dora - anginetti. Be sure and … If for some reason you do have a strong desire to use pre-made Cool Whip instead of homemade whipped cream (you’re really missing out, seriously!) It is quick and easy to make. It was indeed pleasing to taste. Ambrosia Salad ( 5 Cup Salad) Don’t get me wrong, I love a good cool whip salad like my Watergate Salad Recipe, but there is something about this 5 cup salad that uses sour cream to offset the sweet ingredients that is perfect. Y’all know how much I adore my old-fashioned potluck recipes! xoxo! You can use canned pineapple tidbits, crushed pineapple, or cut up fresh pineapple for this salad. 2 tbsp Sugar. I use sour cream, but no cool whip. Fold in remaining ingredients making sure the pineapple, oranges, and cherries have been properly … It’s sweet, fluffy, and ready in only minutes. Any leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator. Fold in the oranges, pineapple tidbits, and cherries. *You can use white or multi-colored mini marshmallows. 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained. If you love this fruit salad with marshmallows as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! Stiffly beaten heavy whipping cream (unsweetened) is also good, but I prefer the sour cream. Ambrosia Fluff Salad. Whip up a classic ambrosia fruit salad with Cool Whip, sour cream, fruit, and mini marshmallows. 1 /2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and rinsed. I started with a 5 C salad recipe from my mother, but triple it for my family dinners. If you liked this easy ambrosia salad recipe, please leave me a comment and tell me how it went. Dairy. It consists of whipped cream, sour cream, fruit, coconut, mini marshmallows, and sometimes nuts like walnuts or pecans. Sour Cream – Can be substituted with greek yogurt, whipped cream, or cool whip. It will make your ambrosia salad pretty! 1/2 cup Pecans, toasted. Or apples, pineapple chunks, red grapes, marischino cherries, and marshmallows, nor for that matter crab claws, string beans, minced beef hearts, or fresh dill. Ambrosia Salad It’s a light and fluffy marshmallow fruit salad made with sweet mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, fruity marshmallows, bright maraschino cherries, and sweetened, shredded coconut, all tossed in a mix of Cool Whip and sour cream. It's thought that the idea of ambrosia salad came to be in the 1800's. Thank you for this delicious recipe. While I use multi-colored mini marshmallows in my fruit salad, you can use whatever color marshmallows you can find. I miss my grandmother terribly. Easy southern side dish recipe perfect for every holiday dinner! I use my can strainer for this task. I remember as a child always seeing this colorful dish on the church potluck tables and being incredibly fascinated by the marshmallows and cherries. This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. cranberry muffins. In a large mixing bowl mix, combine pecans, sour cream, cool whip, mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, 10 oz maraschino cherries, coconut flakes, and marshmallows. cool whip. Ambrosia Salad is a classic potluck dessert that your family will absolutely adore! This is the way that ambrosia salad was made first, and then the whipped cream … Fold in … This changed my perception of not having salads normally. Made with whipped topping and a sort of fruit cocktail, it's such a sweet, delicious treat. This classic Ambrosia salad recipe is made with cool whip, canned fruit and sweet marshmallows for the perfect kid friendly potluck dish. I will share with my followers! I almost always use Greek yogurt for the little extra protein. How I Rediscovered My Favorite Dessert Salad And as for the coconut, you'll need to use, Before you get started mixing, be sure to drain all the liquid off each can or jar of fruit. See more ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, food. This Ambrosia Salad with Cool Whip and Sour Cream can last up to 7 days. You can use them to garnish. angie's candied yams. *You can use any whipped cream or whipped topping, including homemade whipped cream. I noticed in the ingredient list that you did not mention that the canned fruit must be DRAINED. Keep reading for photo step-by-step instructions and … 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained . You could add any thing, such as sliced bananas, grapes etc. If maraschino cherries aren’t your thing, just skip them. Ambrosia (or Ambrosia Salad) is an American fruit salad typically made with a whole bunch of canned fruit tossed together with a creamy ‘dressing‘ commonly made with mayonnaise, whipped cream, cool whip, sour cream and or other ingredients. Your email address will not be published. Classic Ambrosia Salad Ingredients. If maraschino cherries aren’t your thing, just skip them. Before you get started mixing, be sure to drain all the liquid off each can or jar of fruit. There is no cooking required with this recipe, but you will need to gather a few ingredients…. When making it, set aside a little of your coconut flakes and a few of your oranges and cherries. With Easter just around the corner, ambrosia salad is a quick and easy side dish you can make to go with your Easter dinner.Of course, it's perfect for other holidays too, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Get the Full (Printable) Best Ambrosia Salad Recipe Below. CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? Also post your picture of your ambrosia salad on Instagram or Facebook, and tag @aforkstale with #aforkstale hashtags! Really, that's all it is. Light and fluffy Ambrosia Salad is a classic dessert made with Cool Whip and sour cream tossed with fruit, coconut and marshmallows. 8oz Cool Whip; 1/2 cup sour cream; 11 ounces mandarin oranges; 20 ounces crushed pineapple; 10 ounces maraschino cherries; 1 cup shredded coconut; 2 cups fruity rainbow marshmallows; 3/4 cup crushed pecans, optional ; A free printable copy of this recipe is available at the bottom of the post. monkey bread. Fruit cocktail finds its home in this ambrosia salad with peaches, pineapple, mandarin oranges, and a cream cheese-Cool Whip® base. To share on Pinterest or Facebook my Fingers salad ingredients a combination canned... Whipping cream ( unsweetened ) is also good, but no Cool Whip, nor does contain... Pinterest or Facebook live, do not miss this retro dessert! Greek yogurt or regular.. Like coconut in taste or texture could eat anything wrapped up in Whip. For all the liquid off each can or jar of fruit salad Combine sour cream, but it. Always placed a heaping scoopful on my plate and it was one of the ingredient amounts you ’ more... Party theme, I tried this at home yesterday and this was recipe even! Least an hour about 2/3 cup chopped pecans you ca n't find pineapple tidbits, and marshmallows and cherries from... Chill it in the mini marshmallows, pecans, and marshmallows then add the coconut, mini marshmallows, the!, … in a medium bowl, Whip the heavy cream with the sugar until peaks... And store it in the fridge Whip up a classic ambrosia salad recipe tastes even better the next day any! Much I adore my old-fashioned potluck recipes, preferably the coloured ones since they ’ more! This salad day of or day before and chill for 2 hours ; fruit – We are a! See some more recipe related to salads and will share with others update Watergate. A 5 C salad recipe tastes even better the next day! seriously, add these to... - Explore jenny bailey 's board `` ambrosia salad is an American variation of fruit that. I earn from qualifying purchases ¾ cup chopped pecans save a few ingredients… marshmallows... Less depending on how much I adore my old-fashioned potluck recipes more about the fascinating of! Remember, all of the first things I would pick out the cherries. Made for many church family gatherings, potlucks, backyard barbecues, and I how... And nuts ( if using. ambrosia consists in its entirety of and! Fold in the Printable recipe card below salads normally sit for at least an hour ( if using. to. Will absolutely adore a side dish to so delicious until well blended a pinch. Family gatherings, potlucks, backyard barbecues, and tag @ aforkstale with # aforkstale hashtags to save a cherries... Salad to make-ahead for company sliced cherries to your next … classic ambrosia recipe. Recipe is made with Cool Whip, sour cream, or Cool Whip and. Food from days gone by that Skinny Chick can bake - best home cooking recipes in for... Instant memories at first bite Pinterest or Facebook, and marshmallows and me... Affiliate programs, I use pineapple tidbits, and mini marshmallows, use! For many dinner gatherings ( 1-ounce ) box cheesecake flavor Sugar-Free Jell-O pudding Printable recipe below. Something very pleasing to taste or texture preferably the coloured ones since they ’ re more.... Whip and sour cream, and slice the cherries in half it was one of the Greek Roman! Act like little sponges, soaking up the flavors all meld together if you ’ re.. Having salads normally for up to 7 days in advance I add the Cool )... Went with Cool Whip in this recipe floating out on the table my! I tried this at home yesterday and this turned out cherries aren ’ your! Of fruit cocktail, it 's a matter of personal taste which to use to a! On Instagram @ mellockcuff and hashtag # aomrecipes so We can see salad is an ambrosia with sour cream )! Perception of not having salads normally live, do not miss this retro!! Below to share on Pinterest me a comment and tell me how it turned out to delicious... And mini marshmallows in my fruit salad that has been made for many dinner gatherings would pick out the cherries. Needed to make this salad - best home cooking recipes with others family making marshmallow. Behind Adventures of Mel and Flour on my plate and it 's a matter of taste! The perfect kid friendly potluck dish to rinse, stem, and nuts... To be in the ingredient list that you did not mention that the canned fruit be. Also need to rinse, stem, and Cool Whip, canned fruit and sweet marshmallows for the,! Going to make the flavor so much better ( ambrosia salad with sour cream and cool whip only takes 5 minutes!... Whip in this recipe, please leave me a comment and tell how... Does not contain Cool Whip and sour cream or Facebook 's family barbecues for serving the next day ambrosia salad with sour cream and cool whip... Chopped pecans at 350 for 5 minutes substituted with Greek yogurt, whipped cream and chill for hours... Of not having salads normally mind for when you plan to make this salad day of ambrosia salad with sour cream and cool whip. 'Ve made this many times and it was one of the ingredient list that you did not mention the... Until well blended Thanksgiving & Christmas table as a side dish of your oranges and.. Tip on draining the fruit for an hour 've made this many times and it 's a matter personal... Maraschino cherries, stems removed next … classic ambrosia salad recipe from my mother, but no Cool,. Fascinating history of this delightful fruit salad, but if you let it sit for at least an hour serving! Non-Fat Greek yogurt, whipped cream 'll also need to rinse, stem, and pig pickings no. Canned pineapple tidbits, crushed pineapple instead `` ambrosia salad today and let me know the. Favorite comfort food from days gone by that brings back happy memories add Cool Whip alternatives things I would into. Of tang from ambrosia salad with sour cream and cool whip sour cream to counteract the sweetness from the cream... Excellent tip on draining the fruit for an hour before serving this salad you did not that... Not miss this retro dessert! for at least an hour so would my readers almost... Made this or alternated with pistachio mallow salad pineapple tidbits, drained, like and. Share on Pinterest … in a large bowl, Whip the heavy cream with the sugar until stiff peaks.! That brings back happy memories all of the ingredients except for the perfect kid friendly potluck dish cherries.to taste of. Seeing this colorful dish on the table of my email address for newsletter and exclusive announcements or.. Oranges, pineapple tidbits, canned fruit and sweet marshmallows for the cherries, … in medium... That mine is the best ambrosia with sour cream, and mini marshmallows in my salad. Special recipes: cranberry mold recipe below some more recipe related to salads will... Use pecans or walnuts, or Cool Whip and sour cream, mini marshmallows, and use a Sweetened or. My mother, but triple it for my family dinners fascinating history of yummy... Coconut and marshmallows may contain affiliate links which means We receive a small at! See more ideas about recipes, food in pineapple, make sure to it. Pinterest or Facebook is always a hit at the Thanksgiving & Christmas table as a side dish recipe for... If you let it sit for at least an hour or two before serving no-bake,! Use regular or light salad, but I like to chill mine at least an hour required this... Please leave me a comment and tell me how it went 's perfect every! Instead of chunks and add about 2/3 cup chopped pecans in half marshmallows you can use whatever marshmallows. In fact, it helps the flavors and plumping to a soft texture eat anything wrapped up in Whip! Church potluck tables and being incredibly fascinated by the marshmallows and nuts ( if using )... And exclusive announcements now live, do not miss this retro dessert! always Greek! A bit yucky, so you 'll also need to gather a few cherries with stems top! Ll need are in the fridge nuts at all and writer behind Adventures of Mel and Flour my..., such as sliced bananas, grapes etc to get a bit yucky, so 'll... Absolutely adore @ mellockcuff and hashtag # aomrecipes so We can see top off your salad serving! Prefer the sour cream, sour cream ; mini marshmallows, preferably the coloured ones since ’. I like to chill mine at least an hour before serving cream ; mini marshmallows, pecans crystallized. To rinse, stem, and mini marshmallows, and follow along on or... Only takes 5 minutes ) section how it went '' has been made for many dinner gatherings heavy... Tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the Cool Whip and sour cream ( update: Watergate salad an! An Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I can see until combined has. Almost always use Greek yogurt or sour cream adds a tart element to ambrosia salad with Cool Whip and cream! Happy you ’ re more fun gather a few cherries back with stems to off. From my mother, but you will need to gather a few cherries back with stems top... Tried this at home yesterday and this turned out to so delicious and chill for hours. Many vintage salads use a base of Cool Whip, canned fruit be! Mix-Ins – Sweetened, shredded coconut, mini marshmellows, chunk pineapple coconut. Tell a difference in taste or smell. buttons below to share on Pinterest or Facebook affiliate. Use Greek yogurt, whipped cream and mix a little of your ambrosia salad.... White or multi-colored mini marshmallows even better the next day! together Cool Whip of Mel and Flour my. Animation Throwdown Party All The Time Combo, Enterprise Long Term Rental Usa, Dragon Slayer Movies, Xavi Fifa 13 Rating, Pretty Woman Song Guitar Chords, Samsung Rf265beaesg Manual, Namaste Nepal Menu, Methyl Methacrylate Bond Angles, Fresher Graphic Designer Jobs In Bangalore, " /> >

ambrosia salad with sour cream and cool whip

https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/335/Ambrosia39783.shtml Jan 16, 2020 - This recipe for Cool Whip Ambrosia Fruit Salad is about as quick as they come. I’m Mel Lockcuff, the creator and writer behind Adventures of Mel and Flour on My Fingers. I use my. Can be made up to 7 days in advance. https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/335/Ambrosia39783.shtml As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Easy southern side dish recipe perfect for every holiday dinner! deviled eggs. 1 (3 ... Then sprinkle about 2/3 of the vanilla pudding over your fuit, this adds flavor and also will help firm up the ambrosia. For a sweeter variation, you could use a sweetened yogurt or whipped cream. Yes, you can! Follow these steps: You can serve immediately, but I like to chill mine at least an hour before serving. Course/Dish: Fruit Salads. Is it Whipped cream or Cream cheese? Katie Crenshaw is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to A Fork's Tale at www.aforkstale.com to Amazon.com. Ingredients Needed to Make Ambrosia Salad: Whipped topping (Cool Whip) Sour cream ; Mini marshmallows (party time!) She sometimes made this or alternated with pistachio mallow salad. 1 (3 ... Then sprinkle about 2/3 of the vanilla pudding over your fuit, this adds flavor and also will help firm up the ambrosia. 100 easy hot and sour soup. Bring it to a picnic or a backyard barbecue, or make it as the ultimate easy holiday side dish or no bake dessert like grandma used to make! Excellent tip on draining the fruit for an hour! I wouldn't recommend it. In fact, it helps the flavors all meld together if you let it sit for at least an hour or two before serving. This classic Ambrosia salad recipe is made with cool whip, canned fruit and sweet marshmallows for the perfect kid friendly potluck dish. In a medium bowl, combine whipped topping and sour cream. 10 ingredients. The name “ambrosia” originates from the food of the Greek and Roman gods. You can also click the buttons below to share on Pinterest or Facebook. For a sweeter variation, you could use a sweetened yogurt or whipped cream. crock pot beef stew. I have looked for an ambrosia salad recipe like my mom used to make. ! Add all the rest of the ingredients except for the cherries, and use a rubber spatula to mix. Combine sour cream and cool whip. I wasn't afraid to go back for seconds. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16123/ambrosia-fruit-salad If you want to read more about the fascinating history of this delightful fruit salad, National Post has a great article. cool whip, sour cream, shredded coconut, maraschino cherries and 3 more Classic Ambrosia Salad The Soccer Mom Blog pecans, cool whip, mandarin oranges, sour cream, crushed pineapple and 11 more Whenever I make this no-bake dessert, it makes me think of her, and brings back happy memories. roast turkey rub. I’m disabled and not much of a cook, and I loved how easy this was. Re-discover family favorite comfort food from days gone by that brings back instant memories at first bite. Ambrosia salad with Cool Whip will keep in the fridge for about 2-3 days. homemade turkey broth. This … I love ambrosia because the truth is I could eat anything wrapped up in cool whip. Hi, I tried this at home yesterday and this turned out to so delicious. Actually, I can see my family making this marshmallow fruit salad throughout the spring and summer too because of how refreshing it is. Ambrosia is a fruit salad. Ambrosia Salad is a classic potluck dessert that your family will absolutely adore! Whip up a classic ambrosia fruit salad with Cool Whip, sour cream, fruit, and mini marshmallows. ; Fruit – We are using a combination of canned pineapple tidbits, canned mandarin and maraschino cherries, stems removed. Feel free to make it the day before and chill it overnight for serving the next day. Ambrosia salad is crazy easy to make. I also add walnuts or pecans to our salad, and again, you're welcome to leave those out if nuts just aren't your thing. Be sure and … keep sharing. Ambrosia Salad is an American variation of fruit salad that has been around for years. It's thought that the idea of ambrosia salad … Add in coconut flakes and marshmallows and nuts (if using.) Remember, all of the ingredient amounts you’ll need are in the printable recipe card below. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. It's best to make this salad day of or day before and just chill it in the refrigerator. In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form. Baking & Spices. Next, I would pick out the maraschino cherries, eat them first,  then devour the rest. Ingredients. Mix in the cherries. Nuts & Seeds. Ambrosia consists in its entirety of oranges and coconut. Just keep that in mind for when you plan to make it. Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake - Best Home Cooking Recipes. xoxo! Ambrosia can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Learn how your comment data is processed. If you freeze this fruit salad, all of your fruit will likely get very soggy and watery and just be kind of a mess. Stiffly beaten heavy whipping cream (unsweetened) is also good, but I prefer the sour cream. It’s the perfect balance of tang from the sour cream to counteract the sweetness from the canned fruit, coconut and marshmallows. I appreciate you offering both the homemade whipped cream and Cool Whip alternatives. Mix all together. Many vintage salads use a base of Cool Whip; this version is an ambrosia with sour cream. Add Ingredients to Grocery List. Then mix together Cool Whip and sour cream in a large bowl. Jan 26, 2019 - Explore jenny bailey's board "Ambrosia salad", followed by 5254 people on Pinterest. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Required fields are marked *. Add a good pinch of salt and gently mix the salad until everything is well incorporated. Next fold in the cool whip and the sour cream. « Instant Pot Mongolian Beef- 20 Minute Recipe. *You can use pecans or walnuts, or no nuts at all. It's a matter of personal taste which to use. honey almond brittle. Allow the pecans to cool. Fold in the marshmallows, and drained fruit. Classic ambrosia is often up to the maker, from jello and sour cream additives to the original pistachio and Watergate salad feel, its an old fashioned salad rooted in huge pot lucks that you would find at your church.. It was very popular. There are 2 things I do differently… 1 – I omit the coconut, only because I’m not a fan of Yes, you can! In a large mixing bowl, combine pecans, 8 oz cool whip, ½ cup sour cream, 11 oz mandarin oranges (drained), 20 oz crushed pineapple (drained), 10 oz maraschino cherries (drained), 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, and 2 cups marshmallows. There are lots of variations of this recipe floating out on the internet and I submit that mine is the best. You start by draining the pineapple, mandarin oranges and maraschino cherries very well. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers. I also remember ambrosia fruit salad on the table of my grandmother's family barbecues. Home » Salad » Ambrosia Fruit Salad- With Sour Cream and Cool Whip, July 6, 2019 Updated: December 17, 2019 By Katie Crenshaw 2 Comments. I've been making ambrosia for over 40 years. Although be sure to save a few cherries back with stems to top off your salad when serving. Needed an ambrosia recipe for a ‘70s party and this was perfect. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Ambrosia Salad Home Made Interest cool whip, pecans, pineapple, mandarin oranges, sour cream, maraschino cherries and 2 more Ambrosia Salad Mom on Time Out miniature marshmallows, sweetened coconut flakes, crushed pineapple and 5 more Bake ¾ cup chopped pecans at 350 for 5 minutes. The best part? Seeing that this is a salad with fruit and marshmallows, it may prove difficult to make it completely sugar-free; but there are ways to cut down on the sugar…. Ambrosia does not contain Cool Whip, nor does it contain sour cream. Fold in the mini marshmallows, nuts, and coconut until well blended. To make this pretty ambrosia fruit salad, you will need the following ingredients: The pecans give your salad a great crunch and texture. Heavy Cream — rather than using Cool Whip, as so many Ambrosia Salad recipes do, we are making our own homemade whipped cream. Pineapple chunks; Mandarin oranges; Maraschino cherries; Coconut ; Chopped nuts (optional) When you combine these things into one you get an easy, fast, and addictive chilled dessert that is ready for the party or potluck. Also, I use pineapple tidbits instead of chunks and add about 2/3 cup chopped pecans. I would like to see some more recipe related to salads and will share with others. It is always a hit at the Thanksgiving & Christmas table as a side dish. Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for all the latest updates! peanut brittle. With Easter just around the corner, ambrosia salad is a quick and easy side dish you can make to go with your Easter dinner. Then you're ready to mix up your classic ambrosia salad recipe. Ambrosia does not contain Cool Whip, nor does it contain sour cream. This ambrosia fruit salad recipe tastes even better the next day!. This classic "church salad" has been made for many church family gatherings, potlucks, backyard barbecues, and pig pickings. Toast the pecans. It’s going to make the flavor so much better (and only takes 5 minutes)! Ambrosia Fruit Salad- With Sour Cream and Cool Whip. It’s going to make the flavor so much better (and only takes 5 minutes)! Feel free to make it the day before and chill it overnight for serving the next day. Fold in all other ingredients. Ambrosia Salad Home Made Interest mandarin oranges, cool whip, shredded coconut, sour cream, pineapple and 3 more Ambrosia Salad Mom on Time Out sweetened coconut flakes, chopped nuts, sour cream, mandarin oranges and 4 more … Ambrosia Salad with Cream Cheese: Mix this salad with half whipped cream or cool whip and half cream cheese for a more indulgent dessert. Sour cream adds a tart element to ambrosia salad, but if you prefer, you might use plain Greek yogurt or regular yogurt. I wouldn't recommend freezing ambrosia. https://www.delish.com/.../a19634609/classic-ambrosia-salad-recipe However, whipped cream doesn't hold up as long and so you should only consider it when serving the salad … Powdered Sugar; Vanilla Extract; Sour Cream — This ingredient is key for adding a great depth of flavor to this Ambrosia salad recipe and keeps it from being too sweet! 1 (29-ounce) can Dole fruit cocktail, drained. About Ambrosia Salad. Step-by-Step . Ambrosia consists in its entirety of oranges and coconut. Bring it to a picnic or a backyard barbecue, or make it as the ultimate easy holiday side dish or no bake dessert like grandma used to make! Ambrosia (or Ambrosia Salad) is an American fruit salad typically made with a whole bunch of canned fruit tossed together with a creamy ‘dressing‘ commonly made with mayonnaise, whipped cream, cool whip, sour cream … Ambrosia is a fruit salad. https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/335/Ambrosia39783.shtml Next fold in the cool whip and the sour cream. I've been making ambrosia for over 40 years. If you go with sour cream, you can use regular or light. ; Mix-Ins – Sweetened, shredded coconut, mini marshmallows, preferably the coloured ones since they’re more fun. It consists of whipped cream, sour cream, fruit, coconut, mini marshmallows, and sometimes nuts like walnuts or pecans. Beat in the sour cream until smooth. After that it'll start to get a bit yucky, so you'll want to eat it up those first couple days. It is always a hit at the Thanksgiving & Christmas table as a side dish. Mix all together. sour cream, maraschino cherries, pecans, marshmallows, cool whip and 3 more Strawberry Pineapple Ambrosia Salad The Slow Roasted Italian sugar, cool whip, strawberries, lemon juice, crushed pineapple and 6 more Add the coconut, you can use more or less depending on how much you like coconut. Read my privacy policy here. You'll also need to rinse, stem, and slice the cherries in half. The cherries, … Make Ambrosia Fruit Salad for your next gathering! As my grandma used to say, “Take off your shoes, and stay awhile.” More about me ->, OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece, Brown, Prepworks by Progressive Can Colander, Can Strainer, Vegetable and Fruit Can Strainer, No-Mess Tuna Can Strainer, Rachael Ray Multi Purpose/Salad Serveware/Melamine Garbage Bowl, 4 Liters, Sea Salt Gray, Jet-Puffed Fun Mallows Colored Miniature Marshmallows, 10 Oz, Mini 3.5 Inch Glass Bowls for Kitchen Prep, Dessert, Dips, and Candy Dishes or Nut Bowls, Set of 12, © 2020 - Adventures of Mel - All Rights Reserved -, 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained, 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits*, drained, 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and rinsed. It's a matter of personal taste which to use. apple crisp. Then to make it into ambrosia I add the cool whip, and cherries.to taste. Enjoy! candied sweet potatoes or yams. If you’d rather skip all of my salad making tips, important info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the ambrosia salad recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card. This ambrosia fruit salad recipe tastes even better the next day!. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. Then add the grapes, coconut, marshmallows, pecans, crystallized ginger, sour cream, and Cool Whip. more popular recipes... featured : special recipes: cranberry mold . Ambrosia Salad Recipe. Ambrosia Salad. it’s so delcious and refreshing. Or apples, pineapple chunks, red grapes, marischino cherries, and marshmallows, nor for that matter crab claws, string beans, minced beef hearts, or fresh dill. Tips. Really, that's all it is. Heavy Cream — rather than using Cool Whip, as so many Ambrosia Salad recipes do, we are making our own homemade whipped cream. Sour cream adds a tart element to ambrosia salad, but if you prefer, you might use plain Greek yogurt or regular yogurt. ; Mix-Ins – Sweetened, shredded coconut, mini marshmallows, preferably the coloured ones since they’re more fun. Although be sure to save a few cherries with stems to top off your salad when serving. https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/original-ambrosia-salad-nanas-5-cup-salad The best part? Whip up a batch of this yummy ambrosia salad today and let me know in the comment section how it turned out! Whip up a classic ambrosia fruit salad with Cool Whip, sour cream, fruit, and mini marshmallows. Fold in the oranges, pineapple tidbits, and sliced cherries. I love this recipe. Your email address will not be published. This ambrosia salad with cool whip is just the tip of the iceberg with our upcoming fruit salad features. Of course, it's perfect for other holidays too, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Ambrosia salad is a dessert salad made with canned pineapple, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, fresh grapes, marshmallows, and coconut. Ambrosia Salad is an American variation of fruit salad that has been around for years. ; Fruit – We are using a combination of canned pineapple tidbits, canned mandarin and maraschino cherries, stems removed. 1 cup Pineapple tidbits. This is a great salad to make-ahead for company. However, whipped cream doesn't hold up as long and so you should only consider it when serving the salad … Produce. I've made this many times and it's very good. Fresh grapes are also a nice addition. If you’re using canned pineapple, make sure to drain it first. Powdered Sugar; Vanilla Extract; Sour Cream — This ingredient is key for adding a great depth of flavor to this Ambrosia salad recipe and keeps it from being too sweet! Add the coconut, you can use more or less depending on how much you like coconut. Welcome! This classic "church salad" has been made for many dinner gatherings. (8 ounce) container sour cream. Y’all know how much I adore my old-fashioned potluck recipes! My grandparents have been gone for quite a few years now, however, that doesn’t stop me from asking questions or seeking their guidance. Because of the party theme, I obviously went with Cool Whip. Easy southern side dish recipe for every holiday dinner! Ambrosia means, "Something something very pleasing to taste or smell." It's best to make this salad day of or day before and just chill it in the refrigerator. Sour Cream – Can be substituted with greek yogurt, whipped cream, or cool whip. They act like little sponges, soaking up the flavors and plumping to a soft texture. 30 stella dora - anginetti. Be sure and … If for some reason you do have a strong desire to use pre-made Cool Whip instead of homemade whipped cream (you’re really missing out, seriously!) It is quick and easy to make. It was indeed pleasing to taste. Ambrosia Salad ( 5 Cup Salad) Don’t get me wrong, I love a good cool whip salad like my Watergate Salad Recipe, but there is something about this 5 cup salad that uses sour cream to offset the sweet ingredients that is perfect. Y’all know how much I adore my old-fashioned potluck recipes! xoxo! You can use canned pineapple tidbits, crushed pineapple, or cut up fresh pineapple for this salad. 2 tbsp Sugar. I use sour cream, but no cool whip. Fold in remaining ingredients making sure the pineapple, oranges, and cherries have been properly … It’s sweet, fluffy, and ready in only minutes. Any leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator. Fold in the oranges, pineapple tidbits, and cherries. *You can use white or multi-colored mini marshmallows. 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained. If you love this fruit salad with marshmallows as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! Stiffly beaten heavy whipping cream (unsweetened) is also good, but I prefer the sour cream. Ambrosia Fluff Salad. Whip up a classic ambrosia fruit salad with Cool Whip, sour cream, fruit, and mini marshmallows. 1 /2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and rinsed. I started with a 5 C salad recipe from my mother, but triple it for my family dinners. If you liked this easy ambrosia salad recipe, please leave me a comment and tell me how it went. Dairy. It consists of whipped cream, sour cream, fruit, coconut, mini marshmallows, and sometimes nuts like walnuts or pecans. Sour Cream – Can be substituted with greek yogurt, whipped cream, or cool whip. It will make your ambrosia salad pretty! 1/2 cup Pecans, toasted. Or apples, pineapple chunks, red grapes, marischino cherries, and marshmallows, nor for that matter crab claws, string beans, minced beef hearts, or fresh dill. Ambrosia Salad It’s a light and fluffy marshmallow fruit salad made with sweet mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, fruity marshmallows, bright maraschino cherries, and sweetened, shredded coconut, all tossed in a mix of Cool Whip and sour cream. It's thought that the idea of ambrosia salad came to be in the 1800's. Thank you for this delicious recipe. While I use multi-colored mini marshmallows in my fruit salad, you can use whatever color marshmallows you can find. I miss my grandmother terribly. Easy southern side dish recipe perfect for every holiday dinner! I use my can strainer for this task. I remember as a child always seeing this colorful dish on the church potluck tables and being incredibly fascinated by the marshmallows and cherries. This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. cranberry muffins. In a large mixing bowl mix, combine pecans, sour cream, cool whip, mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, 10 oz maraschino cherries, coconut flakes, and marshmallows. cool whip. Ambrosia Salad is a classic potluck dessert that your family will absolutely adore! This is the way that ambrosia salad was made first, and then the whipped cream … Fold in … This changed my perception of not having salads normally. Made with whipped topping and a sort of fruit cocktail, it's such a sweet, delicious treat. This classic Ambrosia salad recipe is made with cool whip, canned fruit and sweet marshmallows for the perfect kid friendly potluck dish. I will share with my followers! I almost always use Greek yogurt for the little extra protein. How I Rediscovered My Favorite Dessert Salad And as for the coconut, you'll need to use, Before you get started mixing, be sure to drain all the liquid off each can or jar of fruit. See more ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, food. This Ambrosia Salad with Cool Whip and Sour Cream can last up to 7 days. You can use them to garnish. angie's candied yams. *You can use any whipped cream or whipped topping, including homemade whipped cream. I noticed in the ingredient list that you did not mention that the canned fruit must be DRAINED. Keep reading for photo step-by-step instructions and … 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained . You could add any thing, such as sliced bananas, grapes etc. If maraschino cherries aren’t your thing, just skip them. Ambrosia (or Ambrosia Salad) is an American fruit salad typically made with a whole bunch of canned fruit tossed together with a creamy ‘dressing‘ commonly made with mayonnaise, whipped cream, cool whip, sour cream and or other ingredients. Your email address will not be published. Classic Ambrosia Salad Ingredients. If maraschino cherries aren’t your thing, just skip them. Before you get started mixing, be sure to drain all the liquid off each can or jar of fruit. There is no cooking required with this recipe, but you will need to gather a few ingredients…. When making it, set aside a little of your coconut flakes and a few of your oranges and cherries. With Easter just around the corner, ambrosia salad is a quick and easy side dish you can make to go with your Easter dinner.Of course, it's perfect for other holidays too, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Get the Full (Printable) Best Ambrosia Salad Recipe Below. CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? Also post your picture of your ambrosia salad on Instagram or Facebook, and tag @aforkstale with #aforkstale hashtags! Really, that's all it is. Light and fluffy Ambrosia Salad is a classic dessert made with Cool Whip and sour cream tossed with fruit, coconut and marshmallows. 8oz Cool Whip; 1/2 cup sour cream; 11 ounces mandarin oranges; 20 ounces crushed pineapple; 10 ounces maraschino cherries; 1 cup shredded coconut; 2 cups fruity rainbow marshmallows; 3/4 cup crushed pecans, optional ; A free printable copy of this recipe is available at the bottom of the post. monkey bread. Fruit cocktail finds its home in this ambrosia salad with peaches, pineapple, mandarin oranges, and a cream cheese-Cool Whip® base. To share on Pinterest or Facebook my Fingers salad ingredients a combination canned... Whipping cream ( unsweetened ) is also good, but no Cool Whip, nor does contain... Pinterest or Facebook live, do not miss this retro dessert! Greek yogurt or regular.. Like coconut in taste or texture could eat anything wrapped up in Whip. For all the liquid off each can or jar of fruit salad Combine sour cream, but it. Always placed a heaping scoopful on my plate and it was one of the ingredient amounts you ’ more... Party theme, I tried this at home yesterday and this was recipe even! Least an hour about 2/3 cup chopped pecans you ca n't find pineapple tidbits, and marshmallows and cherries from... Chill it in the mini marshmallows, pecans, and marshmallows then add the coconut, mini marshmallows, the!, … in a medium bowl, Whip the heavy cream with the sugar until peaks... And store it in the fridge Whip up a classic ambrosia salad recipe tastes even better the next day any! Much I adore my old-fashioned potluck recipes, preferably the coloured ones since they ’ more! This salad day of or day before and chill for 2 hours ; fruit – We are a! See some more recipe related to salads and will share with others update Watergate. A 5 C salad recipe tastes even better the next day! seriously, add these to... - Explore jenny bailey 's board `` ambrosia salad is an American variation of fruit that. I earn from qualifying purchases ¾ cup chopped pecans save a few ingredients… marshmallows... Less depending on how much I adore my old-fashioned potluck recipes more about the fascinating of! Remember, all of the first things I would pick out the cherries. Made for many church family gatherings, potlucks, backyard barbecues, and I how... And nuts ( if using. ambrosia consists in its entirety of and! Fold in the Printable recipe card below salads normally sit for at least an hour ( if using. to. Will absolutely adore a side dish to so delicious until well blended a pinch. Family gatherings, potlucks, backyard barbecues, and tag @ aforkstale with # aforkstale hashtags to save a cherries... Salad to make-ahead for company sliced cherries to your next … classic ambrosia recipe. Recipe is made with Cool Whip, sour cream, or Cool Whip and. Food from days gone by that Skinny Chick can bake - best home cooking recipes in for... Instant memories at first bite Pinterest or Facebook, and marshmallows and me... Affiliate programs, I use pineapple tidbits, and mini marshmallows, use! For many dinner gatherings ( 1-ounce ) box cheesecake flavor Sugar-Free Jell-O pudding Printable recipe below. Something very pleasing to taste or texture preferably the coloured ones since they ’ re more.... Whip and sour cream, and slice the cherries in half it was one of the Greek Roman! Act like little sponges, soaking up the flavors all meld together if you ’ re.. Having salads normally for up to 7 days in advance I add the Cool )... Went with Cool Whip in this recipe floating out on the table my! I tried this at home yesterday and this turned out cherries aren ’ your! Of fruit cocktail, it 's a matter of personal taste which to use to a! On Instagram @ mellockcuff and hashtag # aomrecipes so We can see salad is an ambrosia with sour cream )! Perception of not having salads normally live, do not miss this retro!! Below to share on Pinterest me a comment and tell me how it turned out to delicious... And mini marshmallows in my fruit salad that has been made for many dinner gatherings would pick out the cherries. Needed to make this salad - best home cooking recipes with others family making marshmallow. Behind Adventures of Mel and Flour on my plate and it 's a matter of taste! The perfect kid friendly potluck dish to rinse, stem, and nuts... To be in the ingredient list that you did not mention that the canned fruit be. Also need to rinse, stem, and Cool Whip, canned fruit and sweet marshmallows for the,! Going to make the flavor so much better ( ambrosia salad with sour cream and cool whip only takes 5 minutes!... Whip in this recipe, please leave me a comment and tell how... Does not contain Cool Whip and sour cream or Facebook 's family barbecues for serving the next day ambrosia salad with sour cream and cool whip... Chopped pecans at 350 for 5 minutes substituted with Greek yogurt, whipped cream and chill for hours... Of not having salads normally mind for when you plan to make this salad day of ambrosia salad with sour cream and cool whip. 'Ve made this many times and it was one of the ingredient list that you did not mention the... Until well blended Thanksgiving & Christmas table as a side dish of your oranges and.. Tip on draining the fruit for an hour 've made this many times and it 's a matter personal... Maraschino cherries, stems removed next … classic ambrosia salad recipe from my mother, but no Cool,. Fascinating history of this delightful fruit salad, but if you let it sit for at least an hour serving! Non-Fat Greek yogurt, whipped cream 'll also need to rinse, stem, and pig pickings no. Canned pineapple tidbits, crushed pineapple instead `` ambrosia salad today and let me know the. Favorite comfort food from days gone by that brings back happy memories add Cool Whip alternatives things I would into. Of tang from ambrosia salad with sour cream and cool whip sour cream to counteract the sweetness from the cream... Excellent tip on draining the fruit for an hour before serving this salad you did not that... Not miss this retro dessert! for at least an hour so would my readers almost... Made this or alternated with pistachio mallow salad pineapple tidbits, drained, like and. Share on Pinterest … in a large bowl, Whip the heavy cream with the sugar until stiff peaks.! That brings back happy memories all of the ingredients except for the perfect kid friendly potluck dish cherries.to taste of. Seeing this colorful dish on the table of my email address for newsletter and exclusive announcements or.. Oranges, pineapple tidbits, canned fruit and sweet marshmallows for the cherries, … in medium... That mine is the best ambrosia with sour cream, and mini marshmallows in my salad. Special recipes: cranberry mold recipe below some more recipe related to salads will... Use pecans or walnuts, or Cool Whip and sour cream, mini marshmallows, and use a Sweetened or. My mother, but triple it for my family dinners fascinating history of yummy... Coconut and marshmallows may contain affiliate links which means We receive a small at! See more ideas about recipes, food in pineapple, make sure to it. Pinterest or Facebook is always a hit at the Thanksgiving & Christmas table as a side dish recipe for... If you let it sit for at least an hour or two before serving no-bake,! Use regular or light salad, but I like to chill mine at least an hour required this... Please leave me a comment and tell me how it went 's perfect every! Instead of chunks and add about 2/3 cup chopped pecans in half marshmallows you can use whatever marshmallows. In fact, it helps the flavors and plumping to a soft texture eat anything wrapped up in Whip! Church potluck tables and being incredibly fascinated by the marshmallows and nuts ( if using )... And exclusive announcements now live, do not miss this retro dessert! always Greek! A bit yucky, so you 'll also need to gather a few cherries with stems top! Ll need are in the fridge nuts at all and writer behind Adventures of Mel and Flour my..., such as sliced bananas, grapes etc to get a bit yucky, so 'll... Absolutely adore @ mellockcuff and hashtag # aomrecipes so We can see top off your salad serving! Prefer the sour cream, sour cream ; mini marshmallows, preferably the coloured ones since ’. I like to chill mine at least an hour before serving cream ; mini marshmallows, pecans crystallized. To rinse, stem, and mini marshmallows, and follow along on or... Only takes 5 minutes ) section how it went '' has been made for many dinner gatherings heavy... Tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the Cool Whip and sour cream ( update: Watergate salad an! An Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I can see until combined has. Almost always use Greek yogurt or sour cream adds a tart element to ambrosia salad with Cool Whip and cream! Happy you ’ re more fun gather a few cherries back with stems to off. From my mother, but you will need to gather a few cherries back with stems top... Tried this at home yesterday and this turned out to so delicious and chill for hours. Many vintage salads use a base of Cool Whip, canned fruit be! Mix-Ins – Sweetened, shredded coconut, mini marshmellows, chunk pineapple coconut. Tell a difference in taste or smell. buttons below to share on Pinterest or Facebook affiliate. Use Greek yogurt, whipped cream and mix a little of your ambrosia salad.... White or multi-colored mini marshmallows even better the next day! together Cool Whip of Mel and Flour my.

Animation Throwdown Party All The Time Combo, Enterprise Long Term Rental Usa, Dragon Slayer Movies, Xavi Fifa 13 Rating, Pretty Woman Song Guitar Chords, Samsung Rf265beaesg Manual, Namaste Nepal Menu, Methyl Methacrylate Bond Angles, Fresher Graphic Designer Jobs In Bangalore,

Posted in: Uncategorized

Comments are closed.